Friday, November 4, 2011

Sugar-Free

I took my C to Mommy-and-Me dance.  We love it!  She loves spending alone time with mommy, and I love seeing her smile and dance.  What I don't love is seeing myself in all those mirrors at the dance studio.  Yuck-O!  After her first class, I decided that I really need to change what I'm eating.  I know that that is the only way to drop this baby weight.

With Halloween just around the corner, though, I didn't want to set myself up for failure.  I decided to start a 2 weeks of no sugar from the Wednesday after Halloween to the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  This way, I could enjoy the candy, but not for too long.  I've been fortunate to hoodwink my girlfriend into doing it with me.  Each time we cheat and have sugar, we owe the other one 20 minutes of babysitting.  She owes me 20 minutes, I owe her nothing.  Yay!  Today is Friday, Day 3.

This is not an easy task.  Those Butterfingers have been staring me down since I started this.  I've been dying to make more of those pumpkin whoopie pies.  Today, I took my girls to McDonald's for a playdate in their play area.  I almost ordered a hot fudge and strawberry (yes, they'll put both on it if you ask) sundae with nuts.  Then, I almost ordered a pumpkin pie from there. And, yes, that Butterfinger was taunting me before we left the house.  Its unbelievable how easy it is to consume sugar when you aren't even trying, or thinking about it.

It has been a daily, no hourly struggle to avoid desserts, candy, flavored yogurt, ice cream, sugar laden cereals, and adding milk and sugar to my tea.  Life is so much easier when you eat what you want, when you want.  I guess that explains the obesity epidemic.

Its going to be hard, especially on Sundays, but I will make it 2 weeks with no sugar...and hopefully I will weigh less at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment