Saturday, May 21, 2011

J's 1st Dance Recital

Our little J had her very first dance recital last night and it was so amazing.  Literally, it brought tears to my eyes to see how happy she was to be on stage.  This is my little girl that doesn't seem to be shy until you put her on the spot.  Then, immediately, her left shoulder pops and her head goes straight to it.  But, not last night.  She was a confident little holly berry.

My mom came over early and I gave J the option of who was going to do her makeup, either grandma or mommy.  Of course, I was not her selection.  Oh well.  C was more than happy to let me put makeup on her.  It was actually kind of fun, all 3 of us girls put on the same makeup and did our hair for the evening. Probably a little peek into what the teenage years will be like, but with no fighting.

The holly berries had a small part, but it was great.  She had a smile on her face the whole time and she really owned her role.  I loved when she walked forward, arms stretched, on her tip toes.  Too cute.  I can't wait to get the video!

The only glitch in the whole evening was that during the finale, I could see her starting to dance around, and her face turn from a huge smile to fear.  I turned to P and said, OH NO, she has to pee.  When the curtain closed, I rushed to get her, but it was too late.  My poor little princess was hysterical and wet.  Luckily, I had brought a change of clothes and we cleaned up in the bathroom.  I thought it was so mature of her to thank me for taking her to the bathroom when I was done.  Just broke my heart that she had that experience.

Either way, the rest of the night was a success.  When I went to pick her up after the final curtain dropped, she turned to me and asked why all the other little girls have flowers.  With a big smile on my face, I told her, "come on, Daddy is waiting for you."  When she saw P, she started running for him and he gave her a huge hug, kiss and a bouquet of purple and green flowers.  She did not let go of those flowers for the rest of the evening.  Then, when my grandfather gave her a bouquet of pink flowers, she was completely elated.  So sweet!

After the show, we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dessert (and some for dinner), and poor J was the only one to fall asleep in the car on the way there.  When we arrived, I said, "J, we are here" and she woke up and snatched up her flowers before departing the van.  Its amazing how special they made her feel.  The poor thing even woke up in the middle of the night in fear that she had left them in the car. And, what's the first thing she said to me this morning? "Mommy, thank you for putting my flowers in my bedroom."

Note to self: J LOVES flowers.

I'll post pictures later.  Just wanted to record the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment