Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Update

Wow!  Its been awhile.  I've been so caught up in life, and I wish I could say that I've been caught up in living it, but instead, I've been caught up in making sure that it doesn't get too far away from me.  So much going on, so much happened.

1. Osama bin Laden was killed.  What a mixture of feelings this threw my way.  I was thrilled that that bastard finally got what was coming to him.  I mean, you orchestrate the murders of thousands of people, you deserve to die.  But, then there were the feelings of  anger, resentment, and regret.  Its great that we got him, but we got him too darn late.  Because of him, so many people felt a calling to bear arms for our nation, including my brother, ultimately, resulting in their early deaths.  I can't help but think that if only we had gotten him sooner, thousands more lives could have been saved.  And, it doesn't bring Dennis back :(

2. We successfully completed the playground build at the Dunmore YMCA with the help of MetLife and Kaboom!  Though 175 out of the 237 volunteers were as a result of MetLife's recruitment efforts, we were still able to get more than 50 volunteers and their children to assist in the efforts. P was even a build captain and led his team to, as he states, "build, assemble, AND paint" 2 recycling bins and 3 tree benches.  No other teams painted, so it was a "big" deal ;)  All together, we built the above mentioned, 4 picnic tables, 5 park benches, 5 garbage cans, an arbor, an outdoor classroom, planted a garden, made a tree mural, built a playground, and moved several tons of mulch.  It truly was awesome to see all those people come together to make it happen.

3. P has now participated in 4 5K's which has really peeked the kids' interest in running.  This past weekend, L and J ran in a fun run at Nay Aug park and they absolutely loved it.  I'm sure that getting a ribbon at the end of the run was the icing on the cake.  There were 5 kids that ran in the "race" and my kids were the youngest and of course came in 4th and 5th place.  That was a bit discouraging to them, but the ribbon made it all better.

4. I am now 33 weeks pregnant and the heart burn/acid reflux is in full gear.  My hormones are really playing tricks on me and my days go from great ones to ones where I don't want to get out of bed in the morning.  I can't really say that we are ready to welcome #4 into our family as we now no longer have a name for her, we have yet to get her bed, she has no dresser, I haven't washed her clothes and set them out, and I still need a litany of things (wet wipes, basic hygiene items for her, diaper bag, bed, one of those things you stick in the carseat so her head won't move around, etc...)  Not really sure why I haven't done these things yet.  Could be the depressive state I'm in, could be that I'm a procrastinator, could be that I think a fairy will come and do it all for me while I'm sleeping.  Maybe its because I don't know where I'm going to physically put her.

I am also so very tired of the comments that people make to me when I'm out with my kids.  "God Bless you"  "Are you trying to get a basketball team"  "What were you thinking"  "Are you done"  etc, etc..  Generally from elderly people who think that they don't need to filter themselves anymore.  Shut up you dumb people!  I don't need to hear your opinions.  I think that sometimes they are just looking for a way to strike up a conversation, but still.   At least I've moved on from "are you expecting twins" to "wow, you don't look like you're due that soon".  My favorite though, is "you don't look pregnant from behind".  I used to think it was very complimentary, but now, I think its a bit creepy because it comes from the same 2 men all the time, well, and my girlfriends too.  Okay...P says its not creepy, they are just trying to be nice cause they can't comment on the size of my breasts.  Whatever.  Those didn't even get that big.  Boo!  No longer skin flaps, but nothing to write home about.

Oh, and let's not forget that this girl will probably be a gymnast.  She loves to do flips around 8 pm and 12 am.  If those are the times she's going to be up eating, that's just fine with me.  It actually fits nicely into my schedule.  Fingers crossed that those are the only "bedtime" hours she'll be awake.  Not likely, but a mommy can dream, can't she?

---

All and all, its been a roller coaster of a month and I'm looking forward to finding a norm again, before the baby comes and I need to find another.  This week, my J has her first dance recital and next week, L graduates from preschool.  So much going on in our house, but most of it is exciting firsts and new beginnings.  Here's hoping we are able to see the beauty in it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment