Monday, February 13, 2012

Set Backs

Last week was not successful on the food, weight loss or exercise fronts.

Exercise? What's that?!  Besides the 3.7 miles I ran with Paul a week ago, Sunday, I've been pretty sedentary.  I wish I could blame it on something, but I can't. I was just tired or stressed or busy or had a sick kid.  I'm sure I could have but, I just didn't make it a priority.  I had these grandiose plans of getting to bed by 10, up at 5 to start laundry and do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Then, MWF's I was going to take a weight class at the gym.  No dice.

Weight Loss?  Not a complete failure, but I didn't lose a single pound.  Though, I didn't gain any either.  I guess that part's a plus.

Food?  Okay, seriously, I think this part has to do with most of my melancholy, blah feeling this past week.  The first few days, I was doing okay, but then, stress and life got in the way and it was easier to fall back into old habits than to make a healthy plant-strong meal.  My mom bought Chinese food on Thursday, P bought hot dogs, soda and chips that same day which resulted in having those items on Friday because I was busy attending to some other things (like my sick boy).

And then, last night, I made my family a beef soup because a. I had organic beef in the freezer still, and b. I know that they had a hankering for some meat.  Me? I ate a salad.  I have to say that a little piece of me was cringing as I saw my family eating meat, but I must remember that I want my kids to have a healthy relationship with food.  And a little meat won't kill them, especially when its organic beef instead of hot dogs.  Right?

I'm in a new mindset today, feeling rejuvenated and motivated.  I'm hoping to get some work done this morning and then hit the gym for a 4 pm class, but only after making sure dinner is ready to be prepared when we walk back in the door.  Well, that's the plan.  Let's see what life throws at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment