Monday, April 18, 2011

To See or Not to See

It truly was a fantastic day.  My back was killing me in cardio kickboxing, so I opted for a water aerobics class and really enjoyed it.  The instructor told me that actually saw all 5 of her kids being born via c-section, so when I went to my ob appointment later today, I asked if that would be possible.  Of course, I have to wait until I meet with my doctor, but I'm still up in the air about whether or not I want to actually see my daughter be born.  How stinkin' awesome would that be to see and experience that, instead of just laying there, staring at a blue wall, waiting for them to stick a baby over the top of it.  On the other hand, how very gross and worrisome.  Yuck!  I have 10 more weeks to figure it out, I guess.

P doesn't even want to be in the OR with me when the baby's born.  He's said that if you've seen 1 c-section, you've seen them all, so why not let my mom or sister come in.  Obviously, that's NOT going to happen.  First, can you imagine having that story come out when your child is a teen, "Daddy didn't love you enough to stay and watch you be born."  At least, I know that's how my siblings would have portrayed it to each other.  Since he feels so strongly about not seeing anymore blood and gore, how can I have them take the curtain down?  He'd probably pass out.

Speaking of passing out, I did once see my carpal tunnel release surgery, and ended up passing out. Maybe I should take the hit.  Hmmm....

Only time will tell

1 comment:

  1. K, I love your blog ... and my hubby would be in full agreement with P ... if we have another, he's made it very clear that he will not, under no uncertain terms, be in the room.

    ReplyDelete