Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adventures in Patching: Days 3 and 4

Day 3: Though hesitant, L put the patch on like a pro, and A was all excited about it.  I think it made L feel better.  An hour and a half into it, though, he was ready to take it off. We made it to 7 pm, but from about 4:30 on, it was a constant, "Mom, is it time yet?"  Poor little man.

Day 4: Today, we forgot to put the patch on until nearly 4 pm, an hour late.  Since bedtime is 7:30, it makes having 4 hours of the patch quite difficult.  This is the first time that we had a problem with the patch folding along the sides and letting in light.  As I ripped off the patch, every cheapskate bone in my body was screaming, "just put tape on it," but I figured that would probably upset L too much.  I didn't cheap out and he got a new patch that served him better. Again, an hour and a half into it, the questioning began.  I'm hoping that he's getting more accustomed to this process so that it doesn't bother him so much.  I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment