Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fighting Fatty McFatFat: Day 4

We went to a play date today.  Oh, what's that have to do with anything, right?  Wrong.  In my world, a play date = a sweets feast.  Yes, there were 2 kinds of blueberry bread, mini cinnamon rolls, fruit snacks, grapes, cheez its, pita chips, hummus and carrots, along with coffee and several creamer choices, juice and water.  Eek!

Yes, there were healthy options, but let me tell you, it is so hard to sit at a table with yummy yum yums, knowing that you shouldn't eat it.  Not only because its not good for your waistline, but also because its just poison to your body.

That being said, here' what I ate today:
Breakfast:  Oatmeal (soaked overnight in water), with some peanut butter, apples and cinnamon
Lunch: spinach and artichoke hummus with carrots, coffee with "all natural" creamer
Dinner: Organic beef stew, ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins), and some homemade whole wheat bread with a little peanut butter, herbal tea.

Holla!  I didn't eat junk, besides the coffee!  WooHoo!  Okay, though, I messed up the order again.  I know that my biggest meal should be lunch, but I just can't seem to get there.  I'll try my hardest tomorrow.  Usually, while I'm making dinner, I snack because my lunch wasn't big enough.  Today though, dinner was in the crock pot, so I didn't have that problem.

Exercise: I took a zumba class this evening and did 1 burpee.  1 burpee? Why yes.  My girlfriends and I are doing the 100 day burpee challenge.  That means that you do 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3...100 on day 100.  If you miss a day, say day 10, you have to make it up on day 11 by doing day 11's 11 burpees plus all the ones you've done to date and the ones you missed.  So, day 11, you would do 11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1.  You get it.  You don't want to miss a day.

I also signed up for the Dirty Girl 5K mud run on May 5 to motivate me to start giving my workouts more attention and direction.  We'll see if it works, but I'm hoping so.  I've already got a great team of ladies that are doing it with me, so hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment