Monday, January 16, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Its been quite a few days since I last tracked both my and my kids' progress with our new little life changes, so I thought why not just do one quick entry and catch everyone up, as well as keep myself honest.


Q: On Friday night, the 5th night after starting the cry it out method, Q slept through the night for the 1st time in a long, long time.  I didn't sleep through the night, but she did, and well, that's all that matters.  Saturday, we all slept through the night.  Ah-mazing!  I felt so refreshed on Sunday morning.  Let's just say that I am so happy that I finally decided to do this.  Its something this mama (and daddy) really needed.

L: The eye patch has no longer become a fight.  Instead, L seems to be doing really well, reminding me that its time for him to get his patch.  I normally don't hear the can I take this off question until at least 3 hours into it.  The only problem lately is that his eyelashes seem to start to bother his patched eye.  I'm hoping that we can figure out a way to avoid this in the future, but our efforts so far have been for naught.

Fighting Fatty McFat Fat: Friday through Sunday were not too good for me with the diet and exercise.  Not good.  P left tons of junk food (potato chips and crackers) and I had leftover baking goods (marshmallows, cake mix, chocolate chips) that for some reason were just calling my name.  I swear, they were literally calling my name as I walked by the pantry.  Eat me!  Eat me! Come on, you know you want to have just a little bit.  Look, I'm not bullet proof.  I'm just human, and I gave in! I gave in hard.  Tsk! Tsk!

Regardless, I did lose 1 1/2 pounds. Okay.  That's not great, but its not bad either.  I mean, really, its healthy to lose 2 pounds a week, and with nursing, I don't want to be too ridiculous.  Okay, I'm not thrilled by the number, but every little pound counts.

What went wrong the last few days?  P was out of town, so I didn't have to make dinner.  The kids are perfectly happy with sandwiches and cereal. I also had a dinner party to attend.  The problem was that I was then really tired towards the end of the day, each day, getting more and more exhausted and therefore, more and more lazy.

This week, I'm going to be more focused.  Even though P will be out of town 2 nights, I will make sure that I make dinner.  I have 3 dinners in the freezer that will be easy enough to pull out and defrost.  I also have some great dinner ideas tagged on my pinterest boards and I've learned a lot this weekend about how to more easily eat a whole food, plant based diet, including a great resource on the Engine 2 Diet website.  P and I are hoping to really make this a lifestyle change that will stick.



No comments:

Post a Comment