Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goal for It and Money Savings

Today was a great day!  Thanks to getting Q's prescription filled at Price Chopper, I was able to save $1.10 per gallon on gas.  That worked out to a whopping $20.29 off of my Sunoco bill this morning.  It made standing in the freezing weather with the wind whipping around me so worth it.  Want to know what was even better?!  When I got the prescription filled that day, I used a coupon to get $10 off my grocery order.  Oh, and let's not forget that Price Chopper offers some antibiotics for free, including the amoxocilian Q was prescribed. You read that right!  That means that Price Chopper paid me $30.29 to take the amoxocilian out of their store.  Thanks!

The kids were also pretty darn good, thanks to a new website I found to help get the kids more disciplined, Goal for It!  Its a web-based behavioral/chore chart that you can customize for each child...and parent.  You pick the background, which chores or behaviors you want to focus on, and then assign a point value to each goal you've created.  I gave each of the kids and myself 5 goals.

L: make my bed, do homework, practice my reading, put my clothes in the hamper, go to bed on time
J: make my bed, put my clothes in the hamper, clean my room, no whining, go to bed on time
C: make my bed, put my clothes in the hamper, no whining, no tantrums, go to bed on time
Me: drink enough water, exercise, make good food choices, go to bed on time, get some laundry done

I assigned each goal a moolah! point value of 1, except for the key goal which got 2 points.  When the kids earn 10 points, they will get a prize.  When they accomplish a task, they get a sticker to show a job well done.  They were so thrilled to get their stickers today.  Though the girls didn't earn their no whining sticker, they tried nonetheless.  I must admit, I even exercised and got some laundry done so that I could get a sticker.  When I get 25 points, I am going to reward myself with something.  Not yet sure what I'll get, but I'll get something.

For the kids' prizes, I'm thinking I'll offer non-material rewards: you pick dinner, 1 hour of alone time with parent of choice, 30 minutes on DS, mommy will make your bed...those types of things.  Of course, I'll have to put a couple of trinkets in the basket to get them interested, but I'm hoping that they will like the free stuff better.  Fingers are crossed.

Oh, and the best thing?  I found out that my sister is pregnant with a little girl!  Yay!  She already has a boy, 11 years old, so this is just awesome.  I know this baby will be dressed to the nines and so cute and frilly.  Just can't wait to see how adorable she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment