Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fighting Fatty McFatFat: Days 5, 6, 7

Day 5: No exercise today :-(  Well, I did my 2 burpees, in the waiting room at the car dealership, but that's about it.  I was just running from one appointment to the next all day long.  By the time I figured out what was going on, it was 8:30 and I was ready to hit the hay.  I had a healthy breakfast, but that had to last until 2:30 when I finally made it home to have a quick lunch before quick leaving to get the boys from school by 2:40.  Paul ended up bringing dinner home, so I ended up with a veggie burger to end my blah day.  Food was good until then.

Day 6: We focused on getting Christmas put away, so I didn't have time to get to the gym.  Instead, I did my 3 burpees upstairs in the hallway and then did some strength training in the bathroom in an effort to entertain Q while C and J were in the shower.  She laughed every time I bent over her.  It was a great little workout and even better, it was a fantastic time with my baby.

Breakfast: small bowl of granola with almond milk and a banana

Lunch: ants on a log, apple with peanut butter, raisin and rosemary crackers, and a fantastic salad with avocado, carrots, cucumber and balsamic vinaigrette

Dinner: homemade pizza on a homemade whole wheat pizza crust.  I made 2 pizzas, both with spinach and artichokes. 1 with tomato sauce, feta, Parmesan and ricotta, the other with a coconut curry sauce and roasted red peppers.  I went really easy on the cheese to reduce our animal product consumption and our caloric intake (for the adults only).  These were really good pizzas!

Day 7: I did my 4 burpees this morning before taking J to the hospital (she has an UTI which presented as blood in her urine), but that's about it.  Crappy on the exercise again today.  I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow.

Breakfast: peanut butter toast and a spinach/strawberry/almond milk smoothie

Lunch: 4 pancakes (which I inhaled because I had to run back up to the hospital), 5 carrot spears, 1/2 orange

Dinner: 2 veggie sushi rolls made with brown rice and 1/2 an avocado roll made with white rice from Wegman's

Today, I'm not feeling too successful.  I know they say to "stop with the excuses and just get it done," but I am really having a hard time managing my schedule, sick kids and this new whole, real food aka no processed food thing I'm trying to do.  Perhaps I've taken on too much.  Either way, I know that I need to tackle the food thing first, or I can work out until the cows come home and I won't drop anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment