Monday, January 9, 2012

Veggie and Chickpea Curry

Yes, yes, yes!  I used my sprouted chickpeas and they didn't taste any different from the others, except that they didn't taste a strong.  I made a veggie and chickpea curry with it.

If you want to give it a try, here's what I threw into the crockpot on high for 6 hours:

1 onion
1 cup of frozen french cut green beans
3 Tbsp curry powder
2 Tbsp cumin
4 chopped cloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
3 cups chickpeas
2 carrots, sliced
1 chopped red pepper
1 (14 oz) can of veggie broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp brown sugar

A couple of minutes before serving, I threw in 3 handfuls of spinach and 1 can of coconut milk.

This was so good!  The original recipe called for no cumin and only 1 Tbsp of curry powder, but believe me, it needed more.

I even threw a ladle of the curry into the food processor so that Q could have some.  And guess what, she liked it!  Yay! The other kids though, they whined and whined and whined about having to eat it.  Ugh!  C was going to eat hers until she noticed the other 2 refusing, then she joined in on it.  Eventually, L decided to try it and then ate the whole bowl.  I had to throw J and C's in the food processor like Q' s to get them to eat it.  It was frustrating, but they ate it, so I was thrilled.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment